[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavfilter audio framework - split patches

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sun Jul 18 01:55:25 CEST 2010

On date Saturday 2010-07-17 16:36:55 -0700, S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram encoded:
> On 07/17/2010 03:56 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >
> > We can avoit this duplication in two ways: either using an
> > AVFilterFormat struct instead of enum PixelFormat/enum SampleFormat,
> > or simply using an int for representing both formats.
> >
> > The new function may be called
> > int avfilter_add_format(AVFilterFormats **avff, int fmt);
> > or
> > int avfilter_add_format(AVFilterFormats **avff, AVFilterFormat *avf);
> >

> Hi Stefano,
>
> vf_scale currently uses avfilter_add_colorspace function. It will need
> to be patched before I make the change above. Can I make that patch
> separately?
>
> Luckily, avfilter_all_colorspaces and avfilter_all_sample_formats can be
> merged with changes only to the framework files like formats.c,
> defaults.c etc. No individual filter uses these functions.
>
> To confirm, I can make the required changes to the framework files and
> post all the changes in one patch (avfilter.h, avfilter.c, formats.c and
> defaults.c)

Well, you need to generalize the function, that is:
avfilter_add_colorspace() -> avfilter_add_format()

this breaks API/ABI since the function is public, but we don't care as
the API is explicitely declared unstable so those kind of changes are
expected.

And yes you should provide a patch which doesn't break compilation, so
which applies to all the files that are affected by the change.

Regards.