[FFmpeg-devel] Patch for Mac OS X assembly-language support in trunk/libavcodec/fft_altivec_s.S

Paul Sterne make4ppc
Mon Jul 19 01:36:41 CEST 2010

The following features of the current fft_altivec_s.S code are incompatible
with Mac OS X:

-- attempt to reference external symbol ff_cos_tab without a leading
underscore.  The gcc compiler prepends underscore to all C-language symbols
on Mac OS X.
-- attempt to load r6 with address of locally defined symbol fft_data
through the global offset table.
-- attempt to load r12 with address of externally defined symbol ff_cos_tabs
through the global offset table.

gas-preprocessor.pl doesn't address these issues, and they can't easily be
addressed by gas-preprocessor.pl because the mach-o binary format requires
section-difference calculations instead of using the global offset table.