[FFmpeg-devel] May RockPlayer be added to the FFmpeg-based Projects?

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet
Mon Jul 19 08:49:51 CEST 2010

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:00:44 +0000 (UTC) Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd <mans <at> mansr.com> writes:
>
> > > I already tried to explain to you that this is _not_ what you are
> > > doing: I was actively searching for the FFmpeg sources and did not
> > > find the source code (before using the link in your mail). Apart
> > > from that, if your homepage is the only possibility to get to the
> > > Market Place (I don't know how it works) than it will possibly be
> > > enough to link from there.
> >
> > The Android Market is typically accessed through an app directly on
> > the phone.  It displays a short description of each downloadable app
> > along with (optional) screenshots, link to official homepage, and a
> > few user comments.
>
> Thank you for explaining this.
>
> Is it possible to view those pages without an Android Phone? If not, could
> somebody explain how the page looks like and where it links?

Here is what I see for 'RockPlayer (ARMv7)':

================================= ><8 ==================================

Description

Rockplayer is an optimized video player running on Android system from
version 1.6. It supports almost all video formats including DivX, avi,
mkv, rmvb, etc. This version runs on processor supporting ARMv7
instruction set.

1.0.31: Fixed audio lag issue and make file extension recognition case
insensitive.

Version 1.0.31 2.49MB
10,000-50,000 downloads 1144 ratings

[2 screenshots]

About the developer

View more applications

Visit the developer's Web page
http://rockplayer.freecoder.org

Send email to developer
rockplayer at redirectin.com

Market content

Flag as inappropriate
Tell market if you find the application or this screen to have
objectionable content

[install button]

I installed it and the 'About Rockplayer' states:

RockPlayer
Version: 1.0.31_v7
Copyright(c)2009-2010,RedirectInTech.Corp. (http://www.redirectin.com/)
Includes video decoder from FFmpeg (http://www.FFmpeg.org)