[FFmpeg-devel] CinemaDNG format

Tomas Härdin tomas.hardin
Thu Jul 22 12:55:33 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 13:54 +0300, David Kaplan wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'd like to add support for the CinemaDNG format to libavformat.
> I'm not familiar with the codebase and will start poking around - but does
> anyone have any tips of where best to start?
>
> Thanks!

Take a look at the demuxers for some simple formats (flic, wav and
others). Also, the following page on the wiki is quite useful:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_demuxer_howto

I've written two experimental demuxers myself so far. It's not too hard
for special-case formats.

Oh, and you might want to add a page on the wiki with some information
about that container. I think Mike is the one to talk to for an account.

Good luck :)

/Tomas