[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Remove -crop* ffmpeg options

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Wed Jul 28 01:42:41 CEST 2010

On date Tuesday 2010-07-27 17:45:39 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos encoded:
> Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala <at> poste.it> writes:
>
> > these are more than 100 lines of obfuscated code that make more
> > difficult to hack/understand the code of ffmpeg.
> > This is going to break many scripts, so we may provide an error
> > message, similiar to what is issued for the -pad* options.
> >
> > Is someone against?
>
> I'd just like to add that there are several regressions with avfilter (but I
> agree they might be fixed faster if avfilter is made compulsory)

I'm aware of that, that's why I'd like more people to work on it,
unfortunately lavfi received less contributions than I hoped. I'll
write a mail with a list of all the open issues, with the hope to
gather some more help.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fantastic and Funny Minimalistic Proud Entertaining Generator