[FFmpeg-devel] Interpolation algorithms for FFmpeg

Sebastian Vater cdgs.basty
Wed Jul 28 20:38:47 CEST 2010

Hi guys!

In accordance with my chief I planned my Bachelor work to deal with interpolation algorithms and I also have to code one.

After getting some informations from Benjamin Larsson what is already supported in FFmpeg, I was doing some research last weekend on interpolation for being a) usable for
FFmpeg and b) for my Bachelor work.

I found this one very interesting (Farrow Interpolation mode):
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/dspblks/ref/variablefractionaldelay.html#f6-552788

I have to tell my chief next monday, which interpolation mode I want to implement in the Bachelor work (which could be included in FFmpeg, too).
It will also be part of my GSoC project and be used by the mixing engine of libavsequencer, i.e. realtime appliance is required.

Any ideas, comments?

--

Best regards,
                   :-) Basty/CDGS (-: