[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] provide public interface to rgb2rgb.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jun 3 18:23:21 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 04:11:29PM +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We all agree that mplayer shouldn't be using swscale internals, right?
> This patch provides a public interface to the rgb2rgb functions. In
> order to show how its supposed to be used, I've also adapted the parts
> of mplayer that currently uses sws internals.

We have an existing API through which all converters can be accessed.
If for some reason we want to access some converters more directly like
mplayer did, then i dont mind.
But adding a second highlevel api does seem redundant

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
-- Aristotle