[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] libvpx: Disable frame dropping as rate control method
Sun Jun 6 22:31:26 CEST 2010
libvpx has the feature of dropping frames as a rate control method,
enabled by default:
* Temporal resampling allows the codec to "drop" frames as a strategy to
* meet its target data rate. This can cause temporal discontinuities in
* the encoded video, which may appear as stuttering during playback. This
* trade-off is often acceptable, but for many applications is not. It can
* be disabled in these cases.
I'm not particularly fond of this feature, I'd much rather get a bitrate
slightly too high compared to suddenly getting half the framerate. The
attached patch disables this in the libvpx wrapper - is this ok as
default, or should it be changeable through some AVCodecContext field?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 853 bytes
More information about the ffmpeg-devel