[FFmpeg-devel] MJPG decoder picture quality

Pavel Pavlov pavel
Wed Jun 9 01:59:42 CEST 2010

[Pavel Pavlov]
I'm sure that it has nothing to do with compiler used. If there was some compilation issue, then results would probably be completely broken. I also tried that with stock ffmpeg and it doesn't output perfect image either. My build passes all tests from ffmpeg and it also passes all from fate. I assume that the author of mjpeg code added a few lena.jpg test images to ffmpeg's test suite so, successful make test probably makes sure that the build isn't totally broken. I also tested latest build from arrozcru.org/autobuilds (I've been around long enough to know that you run these builds :) My build of ffplay works, the one from arrozcru.org is simply silent and doesn't work at all (plus it exports SDL function as if it was a dll!), and ffmpeg -i Tulips.jpg test%d.png outputs bit exact test1.png as my build. (I tried this one: http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/ffmpeg/mingw32/shared/ffmpeg-r23520-swscale-r31301-mingw32-shared.7z)