[FFmpeg-devel] MAX_SLICES in H.264 / Also, FMO

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Jun 9 16:15:32 CEST 2010

I tried to process a raw H.264 file that complained about the max slices
being exceeded and that I should increase MAX_SLICES and the program
should be recompiled. Sure enough, changing MAX_SLICES from 16 -> 32
fixed the problem. What does the standard say about how many slices a
decoder must support?

Further, I have some more streams that can't be processed because
something called FMO is reportedly not implemented. Looking at the code
(h264_ps.c), I get the impression that no FMO files have ever been
encountered in the wild, so the support was never enabled and debugged.
Is that true?

Thanks,
--
     -Mike Melanson