[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Releases

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Jun 11 18:45:48 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 08:44:23PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 07:27:36PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > You forget the work other people have to explain that it's everything but "new".
> >
> > For hundreds of hours?
>
> a few hours maybe per a few thousand of users how are trying to figure out
> why their latest software doesnt work

Nonsense.  Either they have 0.5(.1), then nothing bad happens, or they
are running SVN in the first place, then they will know what a point
release is and not replace their svn snapshot by a release.

The scenario you are outlining is a myth.  Anyway, I have tried to be
constructive here and improved the download page.

Diego