[FFmpeg-devel] [CHECKLIST] what is preventing us from switch to git

Måns Rullgård mans
Sat Jun 12 14:01:07 CEST 2010

"Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> On Jun 12, 2010, at 7:43 AM, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
>> I would recommend people to use git-svn for a bit and see how it
>> feels.
> I know this is intended well, but I was very much thrown off by git-
> svn, it's a complex mess. It's good if you want the complexities of
> git for a SVN repo. To simply test & try git, it makes it way more
> complex than git alone.

$ git svn clone svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk
[edit files]
$ git commit
$ git svn dcommit

Nothing complicated there.  Compared to working against a real git
repo the only difference is "git svn rebase" instead of "git pull" and
"git svn dcommit" for "git push".

M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com