[FFmpeg-devel] [CHECKLIST] what is preventing us from switch to git

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Jun 12 20:32:36 CEST 2010

On date Saturday 2010-06-12 20:23:42 +0200, Reimar D?ffinger encoded:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 02:12:43PM -0400, Alex Converse wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Reimar D?ffinger
> > <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> > > Sounds useless for typos or any massive messup to me...
> >
> > How so?
> >
> > If there is a commit message with something wrong add a note saying
> > "<wrong thing> is wrong. <right thing> is right."
>
> Well, if the commit message ended up being
> "Thing ist doned"
> Then adding
> "Note: meant "Thing is done""
> is not a real improvement IMO.
> To be more specific: trying to fix any typos/grammar that make things
> not completely impossible to understand just makes things even worse
> with that system AFAICT, IMHO.

We could have a pre-commit hook which turns the commit message to a
commit note, then every successive change to the message would only
affect the note.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Funny and Fascinating Merciful Peaceless Erroneous Gargoyle