[FFmpeg-devel] [CHECKLIST] what is preventing us from switch to git

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jun 13 02:03:46 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 09:52:52PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> > > I vehemently object to that ludicrous idea.
> >
> > I agree with Mans. VLC, x264, gnome, git itself, and the linux kernel
> > all seem to get by without doing this.
>
> Yes, and we got by with ignoring horrible commit messages for quite a
> while too.
> I have even seen some projects subscribe to the idea "take the commit
> message for git from the email without modification no matter how bad".
>
> > Git formatted patches as well as messages being written at commit time
> > not at push time, should significantly lower the ratio of bad commit
> > messages.
>
> I doubt Michael will suddenly use the shift key due to that, for example.

I have just one reliably working shift key left here, iam just trying to
extend its lifetime :)

Into a blind darkness they enter who follow after the Ignorance,
they as if into a greater darkness enter who devote themselves
to the Knowledge alone. -- Isha Upanishad