[FFmpeg-devel] Coding rules question

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Jun 16 09:06:50 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I read doc/developer.html, but I did not find an answer there
(do we have some other document about coding rules?), so I am
asking here: do we have a specific policy about structures and
typedefs? I mean: in many parts of the code, there are things like
struct blah {
};
typedef struct blah blah;
Is this mandated by some ffmpeg's coding rule, or is it left to
the file's maintainer?

I am asking before I slightly prefer avoiding this kinds of typedefs
(no really strong reasons, just a matter of personal preferences),
and I am thinking about removing them from rtpenc*.*.
But first I want to know if there is an _official_ position about
these typedefs (or, if I commit this kind of change would some major
developer complain?).

			Thanks,
				Luca