[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] export pmt and pcr pids from mpegts demuxer

Mike Scheutzow mjs973
Sat Jun 19 15:35:41 CEST 2010

Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 06/10/2010 03:45 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> metadata (that is data describing the video and audio content) can be
>> copied
>> blindly.
>> The problem is that pcr_pid&  pmt_pid is not data describing the
>> video/audio
>> its data describing the mpeg stream
>
> It's the same as major brand from mp4.
>
> We are turning around here.
> Polluting AVStream/AVFormatContext with this format specific
> information seems ugly to me. We are not going to add a field for
> every value we want to export.
>
> So what do you propose ? Another field which is not called metadata ?
Michael,

I agree with Baptiste that adding very format-specific fields to
AVProgram or AVStream makes the API more difficult to understand.

Please give me a hint about an implementation that you would find
acceptable.

--
Mike Scheutzow