[FFmpeg-devel] Patches from XBMC

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jun 30 02:01:06 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 03:09:20PM -0400, Cory Fields wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Alex Converse <alex.converse at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2010/6/29 M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>:
> >> Our friends at XBMC have made some patches to FFmpeg. ?Some of them
> >> look good, or at least reasonable, at first glance, others are more
> >> debatable.
> >
> > Debatable is an understatement. Some of those patches have been
> > rejected over and over again. Perhaps team XBMC would be willing to
> > clean some of these up for inclusion?
>
> For sure.
>
> We've been carrying a monolithic patch in our repo for ages, this is
> my attempt to break them up and start discussion. There are surely
> some reasonable patches here, some that are ugly but accomplish
> something worthwhile, and some that we'll have to continue to carry.
>
> The point of breaking them out was merely to start a discussion
> upstream while kicking our devs in the pants. I'd love to see a bit of
> discussion, followed by some cleaning on our end and a cleaner v2 set.

what would you think about posting the patches each as a seperate thread
here to ffmpeg-dev ?

I think that would make it easier for people to discuss them
It would also keep this discussion and the related patches in a
nicely searchable place.

anyway, the addition of codec_id_vbi* looks ok i think

and for vbr audio /avidec id like to have a sample to reproduce the bug

No human being will ever know the Truth, for even if they happen to say it
by chance, they would not even known they had done so. -- Xenophanes