[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-03-01

Loren Merritt lorenm
Wed Mar 3 11:21:29 CET 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>
>> gthreepwood, (me hopes he reads this) you could try the rotate in snow
>> because, if its good in terms of quality vs bitrate and speed we can actually
>> add it to the spec easily. Also snow uses mpegvideo/motion_est so you would
>> be able to test a wavelet codec (snow) and mpeg4-asp with minimal additional
>> code
>
> Very good point, the rotation makes a whole lot of sense for Snow's
> approach, though it might be a bit tricky to reconcile it with OBMC
> effectively.

Any continuous field of rotation and/or scaling is equivalent to mesh MC,
which is easy enough to merge with OBMC. However, multiref is
discontinuous, and I'm not sure how best to extend mesh to that case.

--Loren Merritt