[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG avutil] Armv6 crash with AV_RN32

Pavel Pavlov pavel
Wed Mar 3 18:54:09 CET 2010

> I do use firefox, and that link works perfectly.  You're probably
> using some buggy plugin that interferes.

I have only adblock. Someone used word banner in file name, and it all gets blocked.

> > Is there a way to modify that control register? Do app have access
> > to that control register?
>
> From userspace, no.

I'll try to check if winmo gives such option.

> > Since function pointers are set in dsputil_init_armv6.c, maybe it's
> > a good idea to check if unaligned access is available before using
> > these function pointers?
>
> That's unfortunately not possible.  However, I cannot fathom why
> anyone would disable such a useful feature.

If I remember correctly, they didn't disable it; they did not enable it (default is off prior to v7).
Obviously, I want to fix it for me. So, either I stick with an old version, or remove that update related to v6 and keep my own copy.
The other solution is to add code to check if alignment is available. With SEH in ms compiler it's possible to catch that exception and modify function pointers