[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavformat: URL reassembly with IPv6 addresses

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Mar 4 09:19:18 CET 2010

Hi Martin,

Martin Storsj? wrote:
[...]
>> From the description, I think I like the idea ;-)
>> I'll look at the details and at the actual patch, and provide some
>> comments, tomorrow.
>
> Had time to have a look yet?
>
> // Martin

I looked at it now ;-)
Looks ok; I just have 2 comments (uhmm... Maybe 3 :):
1) It seems to me that the authorization only makes sense when a
    protocol is specified... No? So, I'd put the
	+    if (authorization)
	+        av_strlcatf(str, size, "%s:", authorization);
    inside the "if (proto)"
2) I think this function should return the number of written
    characters, or some value which allows to check if "str"
    was large enough... I mean: if more than "size" characters
    are needed, ff_url_format() will silently drop the last part
    of the URL, and the caller will have no easy way to detect
    this

Moreover, I would not export this function, so I'd put the
prototype somewhere else than in avformat.h. And I am not
sure if utils.c is the right place for implementing it (maybe,
it can be implemented in some C file that already includes
network.h).

			Thanks,
				Luca