[FFmpeg-devel] roundup help NEEDED!!!

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Fri Mar 5 12:56:02 CET 2010

Eventually managed to recover this email from my wretched email
client... In the mean time roundup should be usable both from the mailgw
and the web frontend, I guess some public reply is due.

On 02/27/2010 02:58 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> We need someone to admin roundup now, and i mean now!
> mails nowadays come back with cryptic SQL junk
> this is unacceptable

Had been fixed, upstream had been asked to add this stupid problem in
the faq. For your curiosity: the roundup mail gateway picks up the same
logging configuration as the web frontend. While updating this
configuration had been set to spew everything to stderr so that it would
be presented in the apache log. It worked fine for the purpose.

Obviously I did not consider that postfix would consider the presence of
something on stderr as a failure... My fault for not checking that as well.

> and it would be nice if upgrades would be discussed before they are
> done.

The hosting server had some strange issue so it had been decided to
avoid potential problems like having mod_python and mod_wsgi loaded at
the same time.

> And if problems are found they too should be discussed.

I was present on irc and asked people around to help me track remaining
problems.

> Let us start with the current one what exactly is wrong?

Basically the roundup website with the usual migration info was out of
sync so I fixed annoyances on the go...

> why was roundup upgraded again?

our roundup was stale more or less.

> to what version was it upgraded? release? devel trunk? distro package
> or unpatched upstream?

Had been updated to the latest stable, no patches.

> what version do other projects use?

usually this one.

> is our database healthy and uncorrupted?

Healthy and fat as usual..

> has someone attempted to contact the roundup devels, maybe they could
> help us?

I did. They had been helpful in pointing me to the up to date upgrade
document...

lu

--

Luca Barbato