[FFmpeg-devel] ICC version checks

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Mar 8 23:49:59 CET 2010

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd <mans <at> mansr.com> writes:
>
>> Do previous icc versions lie about the gcc compatibility?
>
> They always lie about gcc compatibility by claiming the version of
> the system compiler at installation time.

How ridiculous of them.  With that being that case, what purpose does
the icc version check serve, given that the accompanying gcc version
check is totally bogus in this case?

These tests are ugly and confusing.  I'd like to replace them by
something clean and, if possible, correct.  Any suggestions?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com