[FFmpeg-devel] ICC version checks

Frank Barchard fbarchard
Tue Mar 9 18:29:44 CET 2010

This is Intel's response

"I am not sure if Mans has found something specific but yes some of the
previous versions of icc were not compatible with some of the versions of
gcc.  It was typically a mix and match of the static libraries between being
built with icc an gcc.  Libraries being called between monolithic .so to
executable etc was typically okay to do.  It just depends on when the code
migrates from one compiler e.g. gcc to icc the other or visa versa.  For
example icc 9.1 was not compatible with gcc 4.2 if I remember correctly.  We
have tried to stay compatible with gcc but it isn?t always possible."