[FFmpeg-devel] ICC version checks

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu Mar 11 02:25:00 CET 2010

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd <mans <at> mansr.com> writes:
>
>> My point is testing for the gcc compat version should be enough.
>> There should be no need to test the icc version in addition.
>
> I would also like this solution, but afaict, it does not work.

First of all, which icc versions do we aim to support at all?
Currently 10.1.022 passes all FATE tests on x86_64, while 11.0.083 and
11.1.059 pass the tests on x86_32.  All other combinations fail one or
more tests.

If the gcc compat mapping isn't too complicated for the versions we
want choose to support, we could put that logic into the
AV_GCC_VERSION_AT_LEAST macro.  That would keep all the complexity in
one place, and we wouldn't need to worry when using that macro.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com