[FFmpeg-devel] ICC version checks

Frank Barchard fbarchard
Thu Mar 11 02:33:35 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Frank Barchard <fbarchard <at> google.com> writes:
>
> > I think the ICC compiler should be changed to support the following
> > attributes:
> >
> > __attribute__((cold))
>
> This is (together with alloc_size) Intel issue 540761.
>
> > __attribute__((flatten))
>
> Intel issue 554092.
>
> > __attribute__((force_align_arg_pointer))
>
> I had forgotten this one: It is now Intel issue 582690.
>
> > __attribute__((may_alias))
>
> Intel issue 582523.

Thanks Carl.
Intel say the first 2 are 'mostly complete' but not released.

They ask if you could file a bug for the ALS bug.

Thilo thinks its O3 related.
As a work around, I'd suggest an ifdef and
#*pragma optimize* ( "", off )
around the code you suspect.  That would also help Intel track down the bug.