[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] RIFF invalid format id.

Benjamin Larsson banan
Fri Mar 12 21:24:04 CET 2010

Hi ????.

???? wrote:
> Hi, developpers,
>
> I create the wave file(riff) on the following conditions:
>  - format:  linear pcm 32bit
>  - channels: mono
>  - frequency: 44.1kHz
>
> When I confirmed the wave file,  the value of format id was not 0x0001
> but 0xfffe.

0xfffe means that the wave header is of the extensible flavor.

> When format is IEEE float (32/64bit), the same ploblem is occured.
> (0x0003 -> 0xfffe)
> I append the patch file to this problem.

seems to NOT mandate that >16 bits sample resolution files must have the
WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE header.

> sincerly yours,
>
> ----
> Yoshihisa Uchida
> yoshihisa.uchida at gmail.com

So by the specs this patch might be ok but the muxer is ok without it
also. If applied lavf would create files that would be compatible with
more demuxers.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson