[FFmpeg-devel] Possible leak in RTSP to disk copy writing

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Mon Mar 15 11:09:41 CET 2010

Stas Oskin <stas.oskin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> When I connect via RTSP to any video source, and copy the video to disk (not
> re-coding it) the memory consumption slowly but continuously will grow.

First, did you miss this message?
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/96248/focus=96250

Note that "leak" == valgrind complains (and "valgrind does not complain" == no
leak).

> Here is an example command that will trigger it:
> ffmpeg -i rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/live.sdp -vcodec copy -acodec none
> test.mp4

Very hard to test...

Are you sure you are not describing the properties of writing the iso container?

Please try to remember the actual name of our project and please do not
top-post, it is considered rude, Carl Eugen