[FFmpeg-devel] AAC decoder corrups memory?

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Mar 17 21:34:10 CET 2010

Pavel Pavlov <pavel at summit-tech.ca> writes:

>> ICL is not a supported compiler for FFmpeg. See:
>> blab la bla
>
> If you don't want to try to run ffplay, then why bother replying at
> all?

We've tried those files, and they all play without a glitch for us.

> Does ffmpeg contain some dirty magic

Not dirty, but magic for sure.

> or intel compiler sucks beyond all belief,

FATE says yes.

> so that .c transferred to binaries using anything other gcc become
> corrupted??

We support non-gcc compilers provided they don't suck.

> I use icl build for a long time and never had problems, but in case
> if anything goes wrong at least I can easily debug with ms
> visualstudio.

Translation:  This goes against my deeply ingrained notion of how the
world ought to be, and as such must be wrong.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com