[FFmpeg-devel] ffplay debug option

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 24 15:38:46 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 03:30:01PM +0100, maxime louvel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't found any documentation on the value of the debug option of
> ffplay.
> I've tried a lot of values and got some results :)
>
> like :
> ffplay -debug 2  tractor_S3.mp4
> ffplay -debug 10 tractor_S3.mp4
> ffplay -debug 1111112 tractor_S3.mp4
> ffplay -debug 1111111 tractor_S3.mp4
>
> But is there any place I could find this information ?

ffmpeg --help | grep -A20 -- -debug
-debug             <flags> EDVAS print specific debug info
   pict                    .DV.. picture info
   rc                      E.V.. rate control
   bitstream               .DV..
   mb_type                 .DV.. macroblock (MB) type
   qp                      .DV.. per-block quantization parameter (QP)
   mv                      .DV.. motion vector
   dct_coeff               .DV..
   skip                    .DV..
   startcode               .DV..
   pts                     .DV..
   er                      .DV.. error recognition
   mmco                    .DV.. memory management control operations (H.264)
   bugs                    .DV..
   vis_qp                  .DV.. visualize quantization parameter (QP), lower QP are tinted greener
   vis_mb_type             .DV.. visualize block types
   buffers                 .DV.. picture buffer allocations

if thes estrings dont work its a bug that should be reported

and wrong list

Observe your enemies, for they first find out your faults. -- Antisthenes