[FFmpeg-devel] Help required...

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Mar 25 16:58:45 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:49:36AM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Aryan Singh <aryanneverfails at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ? ? My name is Naveen. I am an engineering student and would like to
> > participate in the GSOC ffmpeg project. I would like to do the playlist and
> > concatenation support for ffmpeg which is an incomplete project, as the
> > qualification task.
>
> OK, so this is not a qualification task, but rather a complete
> project. Baptiste, could you help him get going (since you were last
> year's mentor) on a suitable qualification task to see if he's fit?

Note though, if someone does do a complete project i surely would
accept that as qualification task as well ;)

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.