[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC Participation

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Mar 29 16:00:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

2010/3/29 M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>:
> When mp3 decoding takes only 1% or so, optimising it will only be able
> to give you 1% more time for video. ?Besides, films tend to use AAC,
> AC3, or DTS these days.

Like it or not, but whoever compares multiple decoders (mad, ff, ...)
will notice (whether relevant or not) that ours underperforms compared
to others, and will write negatively about it ("ff is 50% slower than
competition!!112"). The end goal should always be to optimize it.

Not sure if that should be part of the original code, but I'm not
maintainer. ;-).

Ronald