[FFmpeg-devel] [FATE/RFC] make checkheaders

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Mar 31 13:20:59 CEST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 03:06:36AM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> After spending a considerable amount of time fixing header
> consistency, make checkheaders now passes on all targets I have
> cross-compilers for (most supported targets), and I'd like to keep it
> that way.

Nice.

> To this end, I suggest adding "make checkheaders" as a new FATE test.
> Mike, how hard would this be to add?

Impossibly hard.  I've been bugging Mike about this for literally years.
As you can see no 'make checkheaders' FATE test exists to date.

Also, I'm working on an autobuilder at work that may get extended into
a more fancy continuous integration solution at some point.  My idea
was to use FATE, both sides should be able to profit from that.

Unfortunately Mike brushed off my request for source code with

"The backend code is... not something that anyone should ever view."

which IMO is an untenable situation.  We should not use proprietary
tools in such a central position.

Diego