[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-03-28

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Mar 31 20:48:19 CEST 2010

On 03/31/2010 04:25 AM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Baptiste Coudurier<baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com>  writes:

>>> Because you insist there is no problem.  Opening bugs against what you
>>> say is intended behaviour would be a waste of time.
>>>
>>> Yes, I think duplicating/dropping frames by default is wrong.
>>
>> What do you suggest to keep a/v sync when timestamps are weird in the
>> middle of the file for a short time ?
>
> Mux it like that.  What else?  How would you know it wasn't intended?

Because it violates specs ?
If there is a bug in the encoding software or error during network
transport, which frame is the good one ?

Besides you cannot mux it like that most of the case.
When muxing, only one error and the file can be broken.

IMHO this is not a trivial problem.

>> Also when timestamps are not synced up at the beginning but the output
>> format requires it ?
>
> Print a warning or fail and _provide and option to override_.

It exists _already_ and it is _vsync_ and _async_

>>> And whatever is causing streamcopy of *audio* to ALWAYS fail with the
>>> infamous non-monotone timestamps error is beyond my comprehension.
>>> But forget it, I have other tools I can use for that in most cases...
>>
>> What do you do when 2 audio frames share the same timestamp for
>> whatever reason ?
>
> Provide an option to ignore it.

_async_ :)

--