[FFmpeg-devel] use of UINT64_C in libavutil/common.h

VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN eric2.valette
Thu May 6 15:16:44 CEST 2010

On 05/06/2010 02:59 PM, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 05/06/2010 11:00 AM, VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN wrote:
>>> you might add -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS to your CXXFLAGS
>> Doing that you push the burden on all the client of the file which I
>> personally find bad practice.
> C++ isn't the ffmpeg language...
Sure but some important programs using it are written in C++ and use the
ffmpeg includes via the "extern C" trick.
Never mind, I have modified the file to be sure the macro is always
defined (compying the stdint code) and do not have to modified a bunch
of independently generated Makefiles by hand.

At least I have tried to make sure the impact of the modification for
C++ program linked with libav* has been considered as the problem only
surfaced due to recent commit