[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg mp4 muxer - support for HTTP progressive downloads

Tomas Härdin tomas.hardin
Thu May 6 17:01:00 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 13:26 +0100, declan harrison wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> So re-muxing is possible for the use cases I have identified but not
> on-the-fly encoding of the content.
>
> So what is the use case you address that re-muxing is useful for to help me
> better understand the issues here?

I think you just answered your own question. It's theoretically possible
if you just need to remux one or more files into a MOV/MP4 file.

My current experiment does not relate to being able to remux anything,
but rather to create a MOV file pointing to existing essence contained
in other files. It's mostly a hack though.

> Can or do you plan to email the diffs for this on the mailing list?

I plan on posting an RFC later, but don't quite have the time at the
moment. Note that they don't solve your particular use case though.

/Tomas