[FFmpeg-devel] use of UINT64_C in libavutil/common.h

Alex Converse alex.converse
Thu May 6 18:34:55 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM, VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN
<eric2.valette at orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
> On 05/06/2010 05:16 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>
>>> If you make no effort to make it happen sure. There are indeed few
>>> incompatibilities. The real question you should ask yourself is: do I
>>> want to ffmepg libaries be used by C++ program? Answering no means you
>>> do not care for exemple QT/KDE program to use ffmpeg libraries simply.
>>>

>> Guess what, I _don't_ care.
>>

> Which sound a bit an irresponsible answer given the fact that the most used
> graphical libraries are going the C++ path and that this library is mainly
> used to decode/display video...

Why is that his responsibility. What's the point of bending over
backwards for these libraries if they aren't contributing back, and if
they can't solve this simplest of issues, I doubt they are capable of
contributing back.

> So I have to prepare for a small prepatch system before compiling in my tree
> (or use the debian one).

Or you could just use -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS or "#define
__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS". You are the one creating this burden for
yourself by throwing the simplest solutions away simply due to
aesthetics.