[FFmpeg-devel] use of UINT64_C in libavutil/common.h

VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN eric2.valette
Thu May 6 18:00:07 CEST 2010

On 05/06/2010 05:37 PM, elupus wrote:
> It's not any major burdon to just add a wrapper header for ffmpeg
> headers for use in C++. It's normally just a few lines of code. Also i
> don't know why somebody says xbmc would fail to compile due to it.
> We have the wrappers in place + normally use internal ffmpeg.
You duplicate and recompile the entire world with xbmc (python, ffmpeg,
libid3, libexif),  That is why xbmc is not included in most distribution
and why someone took care of adding --enable-external-libraries to get a
chance to have it in ubuntu/debian/...
> You must be using external ffmpeg then and be loosing out on all our nice
> hacks/patches that have been deemed ffmpeg.org unworthy :).
Except it works sometime better with external libraries because they get
nice feature sooner than you backport them and I do not have GB to waste
on SSD. The project is still managed sometime as if the code as if xbmc
was a stand alone program running on the xbox...

But this has nothing to do with the discussion. I just pointed out that
a C++ compatible header has become C++ incompatible. And learned that
nobody care. That gives hint on how to maintain fixes