[FFmpeg-devel] use of UINT64_C in libavutil/common.h

Vladimir Pantelic pan
Fri May 7 13:06:14 CEST 2010

VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN wrote:
> On 05/07/2010 10:35 AM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>

>>>  3) I will not point the finger at the involved company here but will
>>>  address the issue internally (takes several months to resolve in
>>>  general)
>>>
>>  Just give us the name so we can sue them ourselves.
>>
> Ask yourself: what are you really more interested in: suing or making
> the supplier company provide access to used fmmpeg code for that
> particular product (provided they indeed use ffmpeg)?  I think I have
> more chance to succeed than you have and more rapidly although there is
> no guaranty as there is a third party involved .

If Orange is shipping a product that violates GPL, then it it irrelevant
whether there is a "supplier" involved...

The fact that you accept and/or qualify such a product from your supplier
does not speak for you, but you are distributing said product, not your
supplier, so you are responsible in the end.

> But if you prefer I can hapilly do nothing. Anyway orange may, in the
> end, countersue the real culprit if money lost or business opportunity
> lost is foreseen.

as in countersue who? the supplier? do what you want to them....