[FFmpeg-devel] Any suggestion about better handling edit list in mov demuxer.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed May 12 17:30:43 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:24:50AM +0200, elupus wrote:

> >    - Adding a flag to AVPacket like DROP_AFTER_DECODER, in which case the
> >    demuxer could mark which packet will be needed to be dropped after decoding,
> >    and  av_read_frame will still return them to pass them to the decoder.
>
> This i think is the best aproach. It is something that can be used for
> seeking aswell. (and matches very well what we already do in xbmc after
> seeks).

it will not work with audio as audio is simply not encoded with the
same packet rate as video. There would be too much or missing audio.
I thus think a solution that can handle sample accuracy and not just
packet accuracy is needed

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope