[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] rtpdec: Reordering RTP packets

Martin Storsjö martin
Sun May 23 12:34:36 CEST 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010, trueice wrote:

> We have also found that Adobe's Flash Media Server sends dis-ordered rtmp
> packets.
> It's quite necessary for lavf or ffmpeg/ffplay to support reordering of
> these kind of network packets.
> Some API like av_interleave_packets() should work for input formats.

In which way are they disordered; are packets from different streams
received incorrectly interleaved, or are packets within one stream
received in non-monotonic order?

I've seen cases of the latter some times, but then I think it's mostly
been a case where the sender's clock has been adjusted during the sending.
The former shouldn't be a problem for ffplay/ffmpeg at the moment, I
think?

// Martin