[FFmpeg-devel] Fix common code for indeo4

Maxim max_pole
Mon May 24 20:57:35 CEST 2010

Reimar D?ffinger schrieb:
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 06:02:15PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>>> Let's see:
>>> Indeo 5 - Maxim
>>> Indeo 4 (in work) - Maxim
>>> Indeo 3 - some person that decided to be anonymous
>>> Indeo 2 - me
>>>
>>> So, it's up to Maxim to decide if it's ok to grant commit privileges to
>>> himself :)
>>>
>> hmm, i thought you did more but if its all just maxims code then indeed its
>> his decission :)
>>

> I think we have reached a true milestone, the first FFmpeg developer to decide
> himself if he should have commit rights :-)

As to me, it's not really necessary to me to own commit privileges. The
point of my interest is RE; until now the only code I wrote entirely by
myself is indeo5 (with some help by Kostya). Several codecs inside
FFmpeg (i263, imc, atrac1/atrac3, oma) were written in conjuction with
other developers (mainly Benjamin Larsson), based on my work.

The upcoming code for indeo4 will require several minor changes (code
moving and refraction) in the existing code (ivi_common/indeo5) in order
to remove code duplication. I could either commit them by myself (fast
way ) or post each change separately to ffmpeg-devel (slow way)...

I'd let you decide. But regardless the decision I feel honoured though :-)

Many thanks and best regards
Maxim