[FFmpeg-devel] A patch to fix buffer overflow when decoding h264

Antti Nietosvaara antti
Wed May 26 15:12:37 CEST 2010

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Antti Nietosvaara <antti at ksenos.fi> writes:
>

>> I was experiencing crashes when decoding certain h264 videos
>> (unfortunately it is quite hard to extract the problematic stream for
>> replication, since its in proprietary DVR format).
>>

> If you are able to feed it to libavcodec, clearly you are also able to
> write it to a file instead.  If the stream is in annex-b format, that
> is all you need to do.

Fair enough, I dumped the data to the attachment.  I tested it with
ffplay and it did not crash. However, it was able to display image only
about 1/3 of the time I tried (the rest of the time it was just black),
so maybe there's still some undefined behaviour to look into :)

--
Antti Nietosvaara
Turun Turvatekniikka Oy