[FFmpeg-devel] 3D WebM/Matroska tags inclusion

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Nov 4 21:56:53 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 03:50:33PM -0400, compn wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 23:25:07 -0700, Alok Ahuja wrote:
> >Could we consider adding some command-line options for encoding 3d webm
> >content? If so, any specific pointers to the code would be appreciated. Will
> >try to create a patch for review.
> mplayer just got a video filter for transforming different kinds of 3d
> video.
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-docs/2010-October/010792.html
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cvslog/2010-October/040784.html
> i'm not sure if ffmpeg wants to use libavfilter for doing that?

we need to put a 3d_type field in AVFrame and AVFilterBufferRefVideoProps
that way we can keep track of which kind we deal with and also automatically
store it on the encoder side ...
patch welcome

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus