[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG RTSP parameters support

Martin Storsjö martin
Sun Nov 14 20:49:54 CET 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010, Stas Oskin wrote:

> > Since I'm not a psychic, I don't know which of these three are used by
> > live555/VLC in the working setup he mentioned - a simple wireshark would
> > tell me, and it would be possible to actually do something about it.
> >

> I repro'ed it with local DSS and VLC, here is the pastie from Wireshark:
> http://www.pastie.org/private/mwigzokjktowhoeilsvkw

Ok, so this explains things.

Either we explicitly strip the query parameters from the base url after
the DESCRIBE, or we parse the Content-Base header from the DESCRIBE and
update the base url with that.

The attached patch does both - if Content-Base is present, it is used,
otherwise we strip out query parameters after the DESCRIBE. I'm not sure
if explicitly stripping them out is ok, but using Content-Base should be
quite straightforward and ok as such at least.

// Martin