[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG RTSP parameters support

Martin Storsjö martin
Sun Nov 14 21:06:17 CET 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> >> I repro'ed it with local DSS and VLC, here is the pastie from Wireshark:
> >> http://www.pastie.org/private/mwigzokjktowhoeilsvkw
> >
> > Ok, so this explains things.
> >
> > Either we explicitly strip the query parameters from the base url after
> > the DESCRIBE, or we parse the Content-Base header from the DESCRIBE and
> > update the base url with that.
> >
> > The attached patch does both - if Content-Base is present, it is used,
> > otherwise we strip out query parameters after the DESCRIBE. I'm not sure
> > if explicitly stripping them out is ok, but using Content-Base should be
> > quite straightforward and ok as such at least.
>
> Can we test if only using content-base is enough to make it work? Just curious.

Yes, it should be enough if the server returns a Content-Base header, so
if you're more comfortable with using only that, we could only commit that
part.

Stas, can you test the patch with the actual server where this was needed?
You could also remove the else branch from the addition in rtspdec.c and
see if that is enough for it to work.

// Martin