[FFmpeg-devel] Fix for incorrect Vorbis decoding.

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Mon Nov 15 12:29:19 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 16:15 -0500, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> It seems to me that the ffmpeg implementation rather aggressively uses
> the smallest types? and it seems to me that this may be resulting in
> other issues, some of them may be rare or difficult to catch. So I
> make no promises the the decode is now completely correct. However, I
> did run automated testing against a few hundred files and found no
> cases where the patched code gave significantly worse results than
> libvorbis.

This reminds me that these issues still seem to be unfixed:

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2008-March/043588.html
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2008-March/043630.html