[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] switch to poll()

Martin Storsjö martin
Tue Nov 16 00:33:21 CET 2010

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Martin Storsj? wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010, Luca Barbato wrote:
>
> > > Do you want me to test run some of the modified codepaths that you haven't
> > > tested yourself, e.g. SAP?
> >
> > Yes please
>
> Ok, will do.

The two attached patches need to be squashed into this, then after that,
it seems to work fine with both RTSP and SAP.

The bug with max_p not being reinitialized was particularly nasty - it
lead to kernel panics on OS X, when poll was fed with too long pollfd
list. (Not sure at which point it happened though, if the bug was due to
the kernel reading out of bounds, or if it just was "too many"...)

// Martin