[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH] TrueHD, DTS-HD, E-AC3 over HDMI (IEC 61937)

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula
Tue Nov 16 03:17:46 CET 2010

On 16.11.2010 03:59, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
>> Here is a patchset implementing TrueHD, DTS-HD, and E-AC3
>> support in our
>> IEC 61937 muxer, allowing HDMI passthrough of those
>> formats.
>
> If you don't have the spec already I can send you it.

For IEC 61937-X and HDMI, no need.

Some "nice-to-have" things would be an explanation for
dtshd_start_code[10] and an explanation of the MAT encapsulation (the
latter is probably in "Technical Bulletin - Dolby TrueHD Transmission
over the HDMI Interface"), which are AFAIK not described in IEC 61937-X
or HDMI specs.

Or the DTS-HD spec so that someone (not me) can implement a decoder in
ffmpeg ;)

> The spec has a few more random formats.
>
> If you want you can also implement SMPTE 337/338M which is pretty similar ;)

My interest doesn't really extend beyond what my receiver supports, and
these were it.

--
Anssi Hannula