[FFmpeg-devel] [GIT] ready by the weekend

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Nov 17 20:22:55 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:17:36AM -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:

> >> git distinguishes "author" from committer, svn does not. ?Thus one no
> >> longer has to manually track authorship as in svn.
> >
> > So? Git still certainly doesn't contain magic smoke that makes it impossible
> > to have the wrong thing as "author", so I fail to see how that is relevant
> > (except for the point that I used the wrong term).
>
> The only reason anyone ever gets author wrong is because it's not part
> of the patch.

Or because they're not used to the work-flow.
Or because they made significant changes to the original patch and what
they apply has more than one author.
Or it's part of the patch but it was just plain wrong from the very start.
Or they had a local git installation that is set-up incorrectly and they
notice only afterwards.
Either way I don't see how it's relevant why it might be wrong.