[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Justin Ruggles justin.ruggles
Sat Oct 2 16:53:19 CEST 2010

Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> due to the growing disagreements between root at mphq and me, i and at least one
>> of the roots as well believe a vote about my position should be held.
>> Every developer with svn write account as of 1. october 2010 is allowed to
>> vote. The vote will end at 8. oct 0:01 UTC 2010.
>>
>> Please vote either
>> A. I trust michael and wish him to continue to lead the ffmpeg project
>> B. I distrust michael and wish him to step back
>>
>> Iam not sure if this should be a absolute or relative majority based vote
>> but i will probably step back if either majority against me is reached.
>
> C.  I want michael to stay our leader, but to abide by the same rules
> as everyone else.  That is, Michael should be a prime minister, not a
> dictator.

My vote is A.

Although there have been several cases where I've seen some big change
by Michael that has surprised me.  In those cases, I think it would be
nice for Michael to announce that he intends to do such-and-such big
change in this-and-that way in the next few days.  Then someone would
have the opportunity to speak up and say "I'm uneasy about this change.
Can I see a patch first?".  I don't think it needs to be a rule or
anything, just a suggestion.

-Justin